Marriage Registration is a process of legal registration of marriage by court or concerned authority. Marriage Registration is the formal procedure of registering a marriage. Marriage Registration is of utmost importance for women significantly as it serves as a valid proof of marriage in cases of divorce and marital disputes.
HINDU MARRIAGE REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bride minimum age at the solemnisation of marriage 18 years completed.
- Bridegroom minimum age at the solemnisation of marriage - 21 years completed.
- Form A in duplicate along with payment of prescribed fee.
- Wedding invitation card.
- A photograph of marriage ceremony capturing both wife and husband.
- Residential proof of either of the spouse.
- Copies of SSC Certificates of wife and husband or passport copies (for Date of Birth proof).
- Three witnesses to sign in the form.
- Three witnesses to sign in the register of Registrar office.